Software Found on Library Macs
Data Analyses and Presentation:
- JMP: software for interactive statistical graphics.
- Microsoft Excel
- Pro Fit: For data/function analysis, plotting, and curve fitting.
- R: Software environment for statistical computing and graphics.
- Spdbv 4.0.4 (Swiss-PdbViewer): Provides an interface allowing you to analyze several proteins at the same time.
- Stata: Provides everything you need for data analysis, data management, and graphics.
- Adobe Illustrator CS6
- Adobe InDesign CS6: Professional layout and design.
- Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Audacity: audio recording and editing software. Intended for language-learning voice recording.
- RealPlayer: Play many types of files and content from the Internet.
- VLC: Multi-purpose multimedia tool.
- Finale: music composition
- Mathematica: Includes built in functions such as numerical and algebraic computation, lists and matrices, graphics and sounds, programming, and input and output.
- Starry Night Pro: Enhances your observation experiences with the full-color photograph of the entire night sky.
Writing Software and Tools:
- Bookends: bibliographic software
- Endnote: Program to aid in searching bibliographic databases on the internet, organizing references, images and PDFs, and constructing papers with built-in templates.
- Microsoft Word
- TeXShop:TeX previewer.
- Fetch: FTP (see also Fugu).
- Filemaker Pro: Database program.
- Fugu: Features secure drag-and-drop file transfers, allows you to take advantage of SFTP's strong encryption, make secure file transfers using Secure Copy (SCP), and can create SSH tunnels.
- Microsoft Powerpoint: Create professional presentations.
- Stuffit: Uncompression utility.