If you were working on a document on a library computer prior to a crash or being logged out, the file may be recoverable.
- Log back on
- Click the Go menu at the top, then "Go to folder"
- Type /var/publictemp/your-username.
- The folders you will see are named based on date and times of logout - based on this, explore the folders for your file.
- If you have problems you can get help from the ETC computer helpdesk.
If after logging back on, you can't find the file where it was saved, try:
- Select the Windows icon in the lower left
- When the menu pops up, you are in search mode. Type the name of your file or your username, then select Enter
- If search finds a file named "AutoRecovery save of..." which contains your file's name, this could be a newer revision of your work. Open the file with Word to find out. Otherwise, once the file is found, you can save it by dragging or cutting/pasting directly from the Search window.