Materials & Equipment
The PARC has music scores, plays, performing arts media, equipment, games, and more. The Melissa Schlachtmeyer Collection of design and fashion history books is also housed in the PARC.
Find and Request
To find and request PARC materials:
- On the PARC homepage, search by title, author, or keyword.
- Use filters to limit by Resource Type (scores, CDs, streaming audio, etc.), Genre, Instrumentation, and more. Note: some of these options are only available if you are searching from the PARC homepage or have selected the PARC scope.
- Note the call number, and go to the PARC shelving to find the item. You can always ask at the desk for help!
- To request something for the hold shelf, sign in and select "Reed Item Request", then select your preferred pick-up location. You'll get an email when your materials are ready.
We have lots of equipment at the PARC, from microphones and audio interfaces to green screens, lighting equipment and instruments. Browse our equipment or visit us to learn more.
Browse PARC equipmentThings to know:
- Equipment can be checked out on a first come, first serve basis.
- The checkout period for PARC equipment is 3 days.
- Your 3 day checkout period begins when you pick it up.
- You can place an item on hold if it's checked out. Once the item is available you will receive an email notification and you can come pick it up at the PARC.
Books, scores, CDs, and DVDs/VHS may be placed on course reserve at the PARC. Performing arts faculty may also place texts and streaming media on e-reserve. For more information, check the PARC Services page.
Online guides with suggested research strategies and links to relevant online and physical resources are available for theatre, dance, and music. Databases for theatre, dance, and music are also available to browse. For more information about one-on-one consultations and/or class instruction, check out the PARC Services page or contact Performing Arts Librarian Caleah James.
Contact Performing Arts Librarian Caleah James with suggestions of new materials for the PARC and performing arts-related titles for the main library.