Due to COVID-19 safety measures, all library materials must be requested online via the catalog in advance; the stacks will remain closed to browsing throughout Spring 2021. All library materials will be quarantined for 3 days upon return.
The PARC houses Reed’s collections of music scores, CDs, performing arts-related DVDs and VHS, a selection of 20th and 21st century plays, current journals, technical, reference, and faculty published books, and the Melissa Schlachtmeyer Collection of design, fashion history, and related books. Checkout periods and related information for most items can be found on the library’s Borrowing page. Note: we do have a small collection of library-use-only DVDs/VHS, and volumes from composers’ complete works (in the M1-M3 section) circulate for 3 hours.
Requesting Library Materials
To find and request PARC materials:
- On the library home page, search by title, author, or keyword.
- After your results appear, click on Performing Arts Resource Center under Library in the left sidebar (or under the filter icon on a mobile device). You can also filter by Resource Type (scores, CDs, streaming audio, etc.).
- Click on a title you’re interested in requesting and sign in via the link in the yellow banner (if you haven’t already).
- Under Get It, click on the Reed Item Request link, select the location you wish to pick up the item, add comments if necessary, and Submit.
- You’ll receive an email as soon as your item is available with pickup instructions.
Information about reserves requests and access is available on the Reserves website. Books, scores, CDs, and DVDs/VHS may be placed on course reserve at the PARC, checking out for 24 hours during Spring 2021. Performing arts faculty may also place texts and streaming media on e-reserve. For more information, see the Services page.
Online guides with suggested research strategies and links to relevant online and physical resources are available for theatre, dance, and music. Databases for theatre, dance, and music are also available to browse. For more information about one-on-one consultations and/or class instruction, see the Services page or contact interim performing arts liaison Mahria Lebow.
Contact interim performing arts liaison Mahria Lebow with suggestions for new materials for the PARC and performing arts-related titles for the main library.