The resources you will discover and access in the library catalog and on the library databases page are configured for off-campus access. If you use the library catalog or the library databases list to access subscription resources off campus, you will be prompted to log in with your Reed username and password.
Tips for accessing electronic materials from off-campus:
- Go through the databases list or the library catalog to access resources.
- Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser and that security firewalls are set to allow cookies.
- Ensure pop-up blockers are disabled.
- Update your browser bookmarks to the URLs found in the databases list or library catalog.
- Please contact the Library if you encounter any problems.
What if I am not using the library catalog or the databases page and I am trying to access an article off campus?
Add this prefix to the article’s URL: https://reed.idm.oclc.org/login?url= (Note: the prefix is only necessary for accessing subscription resources.)
An alternative to adding the prefix by hand is to use the EZProxy bookmarklet tool. Add the bookmarklet to your bookmarks toolbar and then click on the bookmark button when you are accessing a URL from off-campus. This will allow you to authenticate to access the article.
Right-click or drag the proxy bookmarklet to your toolbar: