All Reed Library books are searchable in the library catalog. This includes reserves books, ebooks, rare books, and Reed theses.
Search the Reed catalog from the library homepage or start a new search directly in the library catalog. Use the drop-down in the search box to limit to reserves books, or use filters to narrow your search results.
I found what I want. Now what?
Get it from the library stacks
Find the book on the shelves in the library, and bring it to the circulation desk to check out.
Request for library hold shelf pickup
Be sure to login! You won't have request options unless you're logged in.
Select "Reed Item Request", then select your preferred pickup location. You'll get an email when your requests are ready, and you'll have 5 days to pick them up before they'll be reshelved.
Only need a chapter or a few pages? Make a digitization request! Please allow 4-5 business days. The library cannot scan an entire book or multiple chapters.
- Go to the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) form and login with your Kerberos
- Select the most relevant option under "New Request" on the left.
- Fill out the form. The more information you provide, the easier it is to fill the request.
- You will get an email notice when your request is ready as a PDF.
Things to know
Reed books check out for 28 days for students, and longer for thesis students, faculty, and staff. If you lose a book, a replacement fee will get charged to your account. Learn more about checkout length, recalls, and replacement fees.
Special types of books
- Reserves books check out for limited time because they're on reserve for a particular class. You can take reserves books out of the library. Bring the call number to the circulation desk to get a reserves book.
- New books, theses, and oversize books check out for normal periods of time, but are shelved in special locations.
- Rare books and Artists' books are part of Special Collections and Archives. Contact email@example.com to learn how to access these books.
- Reference books, current journals, and bound journals are available to use in the library and can't be checked out.