Alumni access to JSTOR
You may access the same rich set of JSTOR archival journal content available to students, faculty, and staff from anywhere in the world. Our license, though, only provides alumni access for journal access, it does not allow JSTOR ebook access.
From off campus, visit https://jstor.reed.edu and log in to the Reed login prompt using your Kerberos credentials (the same login and password that you use for the online directory in IRIS). Please disable any proxy servers before accessing JSTOR.
If you’ve not yet set up a Kerberos account, visit https://account-tools.reed.edu/claim/. You will need your Reed ID number to get started; if you do not know this number, please contact Alumni & Parent Relations at email@example.com or 503/777-7589.
Help with Connecting
Having trouble logging in to JSTOR? We recommend the following:
- Make sure you set up a Kerberos account for alumni access.
- Clear your browser’s cache to ensure you’re accessing the most recent webpage.
- Do not add any proxy prefixes to the URL.
- If you continue to have trouble accessing this page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Troubleshooting Problems with Access
Problem: I went to the Reed catalog and tried to access JSTOR but got a message ‘No Email Address on Record.’
- Solution: Enter JSTOR through https://jstor.reed.edu
Problem: I can read articles online but can't download PDFs. Every time I click the "I accept..." button, I end up in a never ending loop.
- Solution: Click the "I accept..." button, then click in the URL bar and hit the enter key. (Do not hit the webpage reload button.) Then the PDF should load. This only has to be done once per session.
Problem: Everytime I log in, I see a flicker of DUO authentication and then it goes away.
- Solution: This is expected behavior (Reed now uses DUO authentication for faculty, students and staff). This does not apply to Alumni, so the system moves past it and takes you to your log in page.
Problem: JSTOR is saying I am not authorized to reed an ebook.
- Solution: Unfortunately we cannot help with this one. Reed College's license does not allow JSTOR book access for alumni, only journal content.