What is the Personal Librarian program?
The Personal Librarian program is a service for first-year students. Incoming first-years are matched with a specific librarian who can help with any questions about the library, research, or collections. Think of a Personal Librarian as a "go-to" person in the library.
How can my Personal Librarian help me?
Your personal librarian can assist with:
- questions about library policies, procedures and services
- locating books and articles in the library
- finding information for your research assignments, including formulating your research question, identifying search strategies, and locating the best sources
- Hum 110 papers and resources
- helping when you don’t know where to start or can’t think of what to do next
How do I find my Personal Librarian?
You can find your personal librarian alphabetically by your last name. Check the list below to get in touch with your personal librarian.
|Your Last Name||Your Personal Librarian|
|J-L||Ann Matsushima Chiu|
What if I'm not a first-year student?
Contact the library’s subject specialist for your subject area or major.